Everyone wants to offer advice, uncover little-known resources and introduce websites that require more of your valuable time. Many professionals overlook important and productive activities because they are too busy trying testing the next tool or website that claims to save time, maintain organization or improve productivity.
These are the 10 sites you are overlooking because you are too busy wasting time elsewhere and don’t realize what you are missing. My favorite thing about the list is that it is “time-neutral”. I’ll explain afterwards, but if you follow and execute the list it should become obvious. I even threw in some bonus tools for good measure. Start with the first 10, then move on to the bonus resources:
- Evernote – it’s not just for project management! Download the app to your phone and use it to quickly save reminders, links, or content you want to share.
- IFTTT – don’t waste time posting and re-posting your content to multiple social networks. Set up recipes using IFTTT to share content across several platforms with a single click.
- Quora – it’s LinkedIn Discussions on steroids.
- Google Plus – your profiles syncs with a Google account. Strengthen your brand and social influence. 90 million+ members is no joke!
- Academia.edu – an academic approach to developing your brand.
- Yelp – establish yourself as a trusted source of feedback. You offer your opinion through conversation anyways so you may as well reap the benefits of social influence.
- Foursquare – the easiest way to get on the mobile marketing bandwagon. It’s a growing trend you can’t ignore.
- Google Voice – create a free account and use your Google Voice number to track response rates from specific advertising campaigns.
- About.me – build a customized landing page for you or your business in less than 30-minutes.
- Cloud Storage Services – I wrote about how I use cloud storage services. Whether you use Dropbox, Drive or Box, all of your files should be backed-up properly and accessible from anywhere with internet access.
Before you continue to the bonus resources, read through the first list again. Evernote, IFTTT, Google Voice and cloud storage are all tools that should save you time. These tools help offset the little extra time required to execute the rest of your list. Now that you are on a path to success, check out some of the bonus resources: